Yatir Forest - Arad City and Dead Sea Tour
Are you looking to cycle far from the beaten track, in the depths of a magical landscape which is full of the unexpected? If the answer is yes, then this tour is perfect for you!
The Negev Desert in the southern part of Israel is the perfect location for cycling in the winter days - the air is cool and refreshing and the little rain that does fall in the area provides beautiful green spots in this otherwise yellow land.
Although it is a desert, the topography is outstanding, with plenty of beautiful scenery all around. There is even a forest (a planted one) which provides a surreal and magical sensation while cycling through it!
For the grand finale, you will find yourself at the lowest place on Earth, floating on your back (maybe even in the middle of the winter) in the warm water of the Dead Sea!!
Come and discover by bike the Israeli desert with all its glory!
The length of the route can be adjusted and/or shortened based on the level of physical fitness and time available.
1. Length - 130 km
2. Total ascent - 1300 m
3.Terrain - climbs (avg. slop 6%)
4. Cycling time frame: 4-6 hours
5. Weather - in the summer it can reach 35 degrees Celsius, in winter can reach 515 degrees Celsius. Recommended season for tour - all year round (time of pickup will change according to season).
Classic: cycling guide + escort car
1. Pick up and return to hotel*
2. A professional cycling guide
3. Rental bikes
4. Accessories - saddle, pedals, helmet, water bottles (you can choose to bring your own too)
5. Refreshments, water, energy bars and drink
6. Technical assistance and supplies (i.e in cases of flats)
7. An escorting car + driver to drive behind you as you cycle
1-3 bikes - 2100 ILS
4-7 bikes (2 cars or large van) - 3000 ILS
8-16 bikes (large van/bus + escort car) - 6600 ILS
* Pick up and return to hotel is included in the price only from Tel Aviv area. If from Jerusalem there is an extra fee of 100 ILS (if elsewhere, fee will be calculated according to distance)