Upper Galilee - From Rosh Hanikra to Mt. Hermon
From the Med Sea to the highest peak in Israel
Rosh Hanikra offers an unforgettable view of the northern coast of Israel, Haifa Bay and the border with Lebanon. Throughout human history, Rosh Hanikra served as a passage point for trade caravans and armies between Lebanon, Syria, Israel, Egypt, and Africa. The railway bridge at Rosh Hanikra was destroyed by the Palmach Jewish Brigade as an act of resistance against the British Mandate in 1947.
Begin cycling from the edge of the remarkable gleaming white cliffs and head east along the Northern Road, which runs along the border with Lebanon.
End your tour at the top of Mt. Hermon - the highest peak in Israel.
While heading back down the mountain, stop for some delicious warm Knafeh (a Middle Eastern dessert) and good black coffee!
See Strava of the tour HERE
The length of the route can be adjusted and/or shortened based on the level of physical fitness and time available.
1. Length - 160 km
2. Total ascent - 4160 m
3. Terrain - hilly (average slop of Hermon climb is 6%). The Hermon mountain is categorized as an
HC climb (most difficult level).
4. Cycling time frame- 810 hours
5. Weather - in the summer it can reach 35 degrees Celsius, in winter in the valleys it reaches 15 degrees and on the top of Mt. Hermon it can reach (-)5-5 degrees Celsius. Recommended season for tour - March - Nov
Classic: cycling guide + escort car
1. Pick up and return to hotel*
2. A professional cycling guide
3. Rental bikes
4. Accessories - saddle, pedals, helmet, water bottles (you can choose to bring your own too)
5. Refreshments, water, energy bars and drink
6. Technical assistance and supplies (i.e in cases of flats)
7. An escorting car + driver to drive behind you as you cycle
1-3 bikes - 2100 ILS
4-7 bikes (2 cars or large van) - 3000 ILS
8-16 bikes (large van/bus + escort car) - 6600 ILS
* Pick up and return to hotel is included in the price only from Tel Aviv area. If from Jerusalem there is an extra fee of 100 ILS (if elsewhere, fee will be calculated according to distance)